Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin GUIs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin GUIs
From: Jussi Laako (jlaako_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 20:59:40 EEST

David Olofson wrote:

> if we don't want GTK+ look and feel anyway. There are simpler
> toolkits that are *much* faster - and if we aren't going to use
> standard widgets and GTK+ rendering engines anyway, why drag all that
> in?

I think GDK is great low-level interface and GTK+ can be used for some
non-speed sensitive parts, such as file dialogs etc. GTK+ is also fairly
portable.

Anyway, GTK+ is blazingly fast compared to Qt.

 - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at PGP keyservers