Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI round 2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI round 2
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 14:52:41 EEST

>From: Paul Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net>
>
>Thats not how LADSPA works, Juhana. If an editor is feeding an area to
>a plugin, it simply calls "process()" one or more times, after

I wrote slightly poorly. For example, the GUI part would give host
an info about the total length of the effect which the host would
use for marking the output region in the display. The host doesn't
need to be able to use that information, of course.

Werner drew a nice diagram about the system.

But, the GUI now contains two totally different tasks: the GUI and
the effect controls. The plug-in can be used only with the original
GUI toolkit because the effect controls (room size settings etc.) are
within the GUI code. It doesn't bother me now, but I have planned to
make some kind of non-graphical UI for editing waves -- auditory UI
where graphical codes are unrelevant.

Juhana