Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI round 2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI round 2
From: Jarno Seppanen (jams_AT_cs.tut.fi)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 09:22:14 EEST

Hi,

Paul Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net> writes:

> if we take this route, we could skip the (quite complicated) task of
> implementing backends for the XML spec. people can write their own GUI
> "applets" in whatever toolkit they want. then, in the initialize
> callback of the plugin, they can fork the GUI process, passing it any
> necessary info via exec(2), and presto, we're done. our LADSPA's GUI's
> can be as beautiful (or ugly) as their individual authors want them to
> be.

Would it be possible to supply an X Window or something similar from the host
to the plug-in GUI in order to be able to build "racks" of plug-ins in a
*single* window? I guess I've realized I don't like dozens of plug-in windows
floating around. Not that Reason has anything to do with this :)

--
-Jarno