Re: [linux-audio-dev] OffTopic: LAD logo

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] OffTopic: LAD logo
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 23:47:32 EEST

Frank Neumann wrote:

> Hi *,
> something a bit lighter than the out-of-process vs. in-process plugin
> discussion :-)
>
> As many of you might know, we're going to have a free booth at the
> LinuxTag 2001 in Stuttgart, Germany, from July 5th to 8th 2001, where
> we'll try to present all aspects of doing music&stuff with Linux.

great to hear the booth project is still alive and kicking.
count on my help.(though i'm not the logo-design kind of guy.)

one of my dreams is to have a nice ardour demo running. i'm back on
the latest cvs stuff, and maybe i'll be able to throw enough bug
reports at paul to have it ready by LinuxTag.
(i seem to have a very unlucky piece of hardware for ardour: right
now it segfaults upon breathing too loud.)

i hope to be able soon to summarize on the lad page all the sound
server talk of late.
i'm quite enthused about all the converging designs and cooperation.
right now we have:

* new ladspa hosts/plugins (tommi and others)
* alsa guys on board (abramo) (for those not on alsa-dev, "paul and
abramo" is a very entertaining combination, and they produce great
software as a side effect >:->)
* gnome and kde converging to arts (possibly)
* the arts guy on board (stefan)
* a revival of the ladspa gui discussion
* a new, very lively iteration of the sound server discussion

yeah yeah yeah.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany