[linux-audio-dev] OffTopic: LAD logo

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] OffTopic: LAD logo
From: Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 19:12:53 EEST

Hi *,
something a bit lighter than the out-of-process vs. in-process plugin
discussion :-)

As many of you might know, we're going to have a free booth at the
LinuxTag 2001 in Stuttgart, Germany, from July 5th to 8th 2001, where
we'll try to present all aspects of doing music&stuff with Linux.

Today I was informed that a magazine which sponsors the show is going to
print a special edition which will list all exhibitors of the fair. They
are asking for logos from all participating software groups or projects.

Now, I don't want to step on anyone's toes here (especially not Maarten
de Boers', who seems to have designed the current LAD logo), but I think
we need something more "sexy" than the current logo (which is not really
a logo, strictly speaking). So, I'd just like to start a discussion
about this, and check out if you agree with me here. If so, I'd invite
people to come up with something of their own and send it to me, and
I'll put up a web page with the suggestions, so we could vote for one.
This logo could then also be used e.g. on other web sites which feel
like they're part of the "LAD community", and it will probably also be
printed on a banner to be used as a crowd-attractor at the LinuxTag.

Whew, I understand this comes a bit sudden..but even worse, if we want
to come up with a new logo, this has to happen rather quickly because
the magazine wants to have all logos ready for publication by _May
20th_.

Please tell me what you think of this. I believe having some kind of
easily recongizable logo is not the worst to have.

Thanks,
Frank

PS: To be honest, I have been thinking of a new logo for quite a while
myself, and have tried some ideas. One of them appears quite nice to me,
and I'll put up on the web what I have in 2 days or so. Sorry if this
comes in such a hurry, but I didn't expect the requirements for logos to
show up so soon.

--
      Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com), VIONA Development Center
            ST Microelectronics, Karlstraße 27, 76133 Karlsruhe