Re: [alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Toward a modularizationofaudio component

Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Toward a modularizationofaudio component
From: Abramo Bagnara (abramo_AT_alsa-project.org)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 11:03:11 EEST

Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> 3. I have a good beat running on my sw drum machine app XXX, and
> I'd like to record this to a file. Unfortunately XXX don't
> yet implement streaming to disk. And even if it didn, as I want
> to tweak the controls as I play, XXX would need to be able to
> both stream to file and the soundcard. So how about other
> options?
> - ok, starts to get difficult; I know at least ALSA's aserver
> can do this, but I have no idea about how to set this up

aserver is not suitable for this.

You've missed the existence of pcm_file: it does exactly what you want
(only raw format implemented now).

> ... no, I just can't do these things. So as a result, I - the average
> Linux musician - will wait for Paul to integrate Quasimodo, gstreamer
> plugins, EVO and Midi Mountain to Ardour so I can finally to what I
> want! >;D

Yes and when a better drum machine come out you're again desperate ;-)

Let watch the red light, listen my words:

"One API for everything" "One API for everything" "One API for ..." "One
API ..."

Ok, we can proceed ;-)))))

--
Abramo Bagnara                       mailto:abramo_AT_alsa-project.org

Opera Unica Phone: +39.546.656023 Via Emilia Interna, 140 48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy

ALSA project http://www.alsa-project.org It sounds good!