Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA License?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA License?
From: Alexander Ehlert (alexander.ehlert_AT_uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 14:32:36 EEST

Hi,

> already given their permission. But Richard Furse (who wrote most of
it)
> has not explicitly given the permission. My understanding is that Richard
> is not yet sure about which licence to use. In other words, he would like

All right, so we could help him speeding up his decision. I mean, he can
use LGPL, then commercial use is possible as well. OK, some problem might
arise that GPL, LGPL would allow people to modify it and then we have
a total LADSPA confusion. But as long as we stick with our version, I
don't see a BIG problem there. The biggest problem atm is making a
statement here at all :) Is Richard still active here, haven't read
anything by him for quite a while?

Cheers, Alex