Re: [alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] laaga, round 2

Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] laaga, round 2
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 12:54:06 EEST

Hi,

Jim Peters wrote:

> Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> (lots of stuff)
>

> Basically, my heart is sinking. You're very confident that everything
> is fine with your approach, but I know very well that it will cause
> problems down the line. But if you can't see that, what can I do ?
> Either vanish quietly or enter into heated discussions, but either way
> nothing much changes if neither one of us budges.

As much as I'd love to involve myself in this discussion I have had to
stay out of it mainly due to lack of time. But there is also one more
important issue that I felt I wanted to comment.

Mail discussion is nice, but in itself it seldomly results in anything
constructive, however entertaining. It can also be easy to
misunderstand and misinterpret things, I know from personal experience
that it has happened way to many times. We all have different value
grounds which we base the discussion on, lack of
realtime/pictures/gestures/eye contact further obfuscates the argumentation.

To me the only real alternative, which also gives something to discuss
_around_, is _actual implementation_.
The more the merrier :-). It gives common ground to discuss even
further, plus it would rather quickly prove whether concepts do work.
There are _some_ preliminary work done (right?), well we should start
testing them shant we?

And if there aren't; Get coding! :-)

/Robert