Re: [alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] laaga, round 2

Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] laaga, round 2
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 13:53:00 EEST

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 11:40:03PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> However, my feelings on this are evolving. There might some good
> reasons to force the AES engine to use intermediate buffers, in which
> case {read_to,write_from}_channel would be redundant, and we could use
> the LADSPA audio port concept, and have the plugin just scribble on
> memory. OTOH, this brings up the run/run_adding dichotomy that I
> worked so hard to get away from ...

My feeling is htat you want ot aviod the run/run_adding thing, I ended up
simulating {read_to,write_from}_channel with macros anyway, to avoid code
duplication.

Also the control ports probably aren't apropriate, I would imagine that
lots of the controls of a LAAGA app would be non-float, and I think that
having some first class parameters is not helpful.

- Steve