Re: [alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] laaga, round 2

Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] laaga, round 2
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 03:00:38 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:

> >Like so:
> >
> >"Mixer" ---> bus 1 ----> "recorder"
> > <--- bus 2 <----
> >

> >This is not allowed???
> >Isn't this type of thing the whole point of the LAAGA idea?
>
> No, its fine, but there will be 1 cycle delay in one direction or the
> other depending on what order you execute "Mixer" and "recorder" in.

OK. So when you said "any execution order will have problems."
did you mean just that there will be a delay? and that the audio
might be quite different depending on what order you run the
apps in? This is not a problem, unless you can't control the
order of the apps.

I thought when you said "problems" you meant something like
random weird behavior, LAAGA crashes, your desktop catches on
fire, that sort of thing. That's why I got concerned.

--
custom calendars & printing: http://www.calendargalaxy.com