[linux-audio-dev] LAAGA web site online

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA web site online
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 04:00:43 EEST

Ok, I just added a bit more heavy-weight content to the site: LAAGA Design
Documentation. Now this is just a beginning, but hopefully will aid in
focusing the discussion. I've written down something about issues like
"Constraints and requirements", "Key issues in audio application design",
"Whether to use IPC?", "Problems of single threaded audio engine", "System
calls and scheduling", etc ...

I've tried to be very careful not to make any unnecessary assumptions (ie.
"we are solving it using approach xxx"). In other words I've tried to put
together a list of what we want from LAAGA. Of course as I'm quite excited
about the plugin-based approach, some of my comments might not be entirely
unbiased. ;)

Now I'm no audio hw, IPC or kernel design expert, so I expect to hear
some constructive criticism from you folks. :)