Re: [linux-audio-dev] OffTopic: LAD logo

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] OffTopic: LAD logo
From: Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 13:27:02 EEST

Hi all,
Jörn wrote:
> to keep the logo contest going, *and* to meet the deadline for
> LinuxTag, i humbly suggest the following:
>
> * last date for the submission of new logos is may 14.
> by that time all logos need to be in final form, that is, rendered
> and touched up.
> if at all possible, there should be one really large version for
> banners and stuff, one web logo version and one in button format.
>
> * voting time is may 15/16/17 and will take place on the list. i
> will post a CFV next monday night, to which you can reply to make
> your vote.
>
> * logo can be sent off on may 18, so there's two days left before
> the deadline.
>
> (hey, i've just released my first roadmap to the public. what a
> feeling. now i know why the silicon guys keep doing this again and
> again every few weeks >:-> )

Thanks for stepping forward here, Jörn. I could have done this myself,
but I probably shouldn't, being a participant :-).

The only thing that has never been discussed here is if we really need a
(new) logo. I had said my opinion, but noone really commented on that -
does silence mean agreement?

> right now, we have drafts from maarten, steve and frank at
>
> http://www.iua.upf.es/~mdeboer/ladlogo/
> http://plugin.org.uk/LAD-logos/
> http://lakai.sourceforge.net/lad/

..And please don't forget the current logo from Maarten, available at
your friendly LAD site, e.g. http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad
I believe keeping the current logo should also be a possible choice.

Thanks,
Frank

--
      Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com), VIONA Development Center
            ST Microelectronics, Karlstraße 27, 76133 Karlsruhe