Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: high level laaga

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: high level laaga
From: Jim Peters (jim_AT_aguazul.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 12:57:02 EEST

Steve Harris wrote:
> However, if I understand the model correctly, there is nothing preventing
> a LAAGA application from scribbing on data malloc'd by another LAAGA app
> in the single thread model, isn't this likly to be a problem? It reasonable
> to shout at people who write buggy, simple LADSPA plugins, but full on HD
> recorders (for example) are a damn sight more complicated and could easily
> tread on each others toes. Not to mention the extra complications for
> debugging.

Remember, though, that not all of the application will be in the
server - just the audio processing part. All the GUI stuff will be
outside in another process. Usually the audio code will have had a
bit more care taken over it anyway, because it is the critical part of
the application. But as you say, it's true that any plugin could
crash the server.

Jim

--
 Jim Peters         /             __   |  \              Aguazul