Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Performance and Elegance? (Was: High Cost of

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Performance and Elegance? (Was: High Cost of
From: Rick Burnett (destinytech_AT_spacey.net)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 03:07:20 EEST

I wanted to point out something I discovered on Sun systems pertaining
to memory. At the company I work for we bought 5 new Ultra 80s, which
I thought were pretty good not counting the new blade systems. We
also maxed out the memory. I was looking at the memory and discovered
it was 50ns!! I thought this cannot be! Then I discovered that
instead of using faster RAM, the memory bus is 520 bytes wide ( which
includes some parity ). Now I have done no research on the PC
architecture, anyone have comments on this?

Rick