[linux-audio-dev] [Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender]

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] [Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender]
From: Abramo Bagnara (abramo_AT_alsa-project.org)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 10:49:33 EEST

It's only me to receive ton of these messages?

Sorry to write to the list because I don't know who's the administrator.

I'd like that this non existing address is removed.

--
Abramo Bagnara                       mailto:abramo_AT_alsa-project.org

Opera Unica Phone: +39.546.656023 Via Emilia Interna, 140 48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy

ALSA project http://www.alsa-project.org It sounds good!

attached mail follows:

This is the Postfix program at host mail-in.namezero.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

<thok.net_AT_namezero.com>: host inbound.namezero.com.criticalpath.net[209.228.14.51] said: 550 User unknown

attached mail follows:

I answer for current soundbox API.

> 1) what kind of object allocates and frees buffers used to store data > for a port? is it something more like an engine object, or > something more like a plugin? in LADSPA and VST, all buffers are > owned by the host, and the plugins merely use them via their > ports.

The soundbox (using properties negotiated with its client/user and link request).

> 2) are buffers associated with input ports, output ports, both or neither?

I don't understand what you mean. Please define "associate".

> 3) are multiple connections between ports allowed?

i.e. soundbox that read or write to the same area of other soundboxes? Yes.

i.e. more than one flow to/from the same port? Yes.

> 4) is there a fixed or variable method that a plugin should use > when storing a value in a buffer?

There may be some variants negotiated between client and soundbox. soundbox say what it can do, client say what it needs.