[linux-audio-dev] LSM - Call for Speakers - Telephony

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LSM - Call for Speakers - Telephony
From: David Sugar (dyfet_AT_ostel.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 21:37:32 EEST

This year's LSM (Libre Software Meeting, http://lsm.abul.org), being held
in Bordeaux, France, on the first week of July, will be holding a special
topic on "Libre software for communications". I have been asked to
help organize this topic. Currently we are looking for additional
speakers from telephony related projects who would wish to attend.

The LSM event is largely a gathering of those in the free software
development community, and is being held concurrent with the Debian One
conference in Bordeaux this year. From the LSM front page; "The goal of
the Libre Software Meeting is to set up a single place where as many
people as possible will be able to share information and gather their
energies towards large scale projects. It is open to every people willing
to contribute to "libre" software : project leaders, developers,
translators, advanced users, etc. This event is absolutely non
commercial: participation is free in every meaning of the word."

Those wishing to speak should be involved in a project that involves free
communications software, and this topic is currently divided between two
tracks; one to cover low level libraries such as protocol stacks and
kernel drivers (such as Linux /dev/phone), and a second track to cover
upper level services, desktop applications, and application servers. The
topic is broad enough to include not just telephony and VoIP, but
also video conferencing, etc.

If you wish to speak at this year's LSM in the communications topic,
please send e-mail to dyfet_AT_gnu.org. For those that may wish to attend
and speak, but require sponsorship for their travel, I will see what can
be arranged, but I will say this up front that resources are currently
limited in this area.

David Sugar
GNU Bayonne Maintainer