Re: [linux-audio-dev] two minor(?) issues for LAAGA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] two minor(?) issues for LAAGA
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 14:23:16 EEST

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 11:10:48AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> 1) metering
> -----------
>
> Metering is most efficiently done once per Port. There isn't much
> point, for example, in having 3 different objects all metering the
> signal on the input Port of an ALSA "driver" object when one could do
> the trick.

Isn't metering value a function of the port? The plugin could request a
particular type of meter value for the port, which can then calcuate the
ones that are needed.

Sticking an extra plugin between the output from the previous plugin and
the input of the metering one is nice, but I suspect it will a bit of an
overhead for such a common requirement.

- Steve