Re: [linux-audio-dev] problem patching 2.4.4 kernel

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] problem patching 2.4.4 kernel
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 13:41:42 EEST

Darwin Marcus Johnson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have tried to Patch a 2.4.4 with the low latency patch that I acquired on
> Andrew Morton's page. I get the error messages displayed below.
>
> Is this the wrong patch?
>
> I am running LM8.0 and trying to patch source from kernel.org. Any advice
> appreciated.
>
> -Darwin

hmmm...
the rejects you get seem to indicate that there is another patch
already applied to your kernel source which conflicts with the
low-latency stuff.
are you sure you have a vanilla kernel installed (no patches from
mandrake) ?
in case you have more than one kernel tree, did you check that
/usr/src/linux points to the right one ?

> patching file linux/net/ipv4/tcp_minisocks.c
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 449.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 466.
> patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
> 2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> linux/net/ipv4/tcp_minisocks.c.rej
> patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
> [root_AT_schwaahed src]#

i have never seen any of these. maybe your patch file became
corrupted or truncated ?

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany