Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigabit ethernet to stream audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigabit ethernet to stream audio
From: Adriaan Pelzer (adriaan_AT_trispen.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 10:06:44 EEST

Now this sounds interesting.

Ethernet is the data link layer. It has to use some protocol. What protocol do
they use, if they don't use TCP/IP? (Which includes UDP, by the way).

If there's something better/more elegant, I'd like to know about it.

Regards,

Adriaan Pelzer

On 24-May-01 Steve Harris wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 07:20:59AM -0700, Jay Ts wrote:
>> Vincent wrote:
>> >
>> > Maybe this can be of interest, regarding the discussion
>> > about audio over ethernet:
>> > http://www.itworld.com/Net/1748/NWW010402feat/
>
> Note, they are using Ethernet, not TCP/IP or UDP.
>
> - Steve

E-Mail: Adriaan Pelzer <adriaan_AT_trispen.com>
Date: 25-May-01
Time: 09:04:20

This message was sent by XFMail