Re: [linux-audio-dev] developers and development: some thoughts

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] developers and development: some thoughts
From: Jay Ts (jay_AT_toltec.metran.cx)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 14:16:38 EEST

> LAD/devel -- developers of Linux audio software
> LAD/users -- users of Linux audio software
> LAD/announce -- moderated? co-working with your webpages?

First of all, I just wanted to say that this seems sensible to
me, too.

> >I've received some messages
> >from disgruntled developers who felt that traffic is rather heavily
> >dominated by only a few people, but I see that as a natural outcome of
>
> Maybe they are too shy to step in?

Well, if that isn't asking for it! :-)

Most of the time I've been lurking, and have been in one of these states:

1. No activity; list is playing dead and I don't feel like starting a topic.

2. Some activity, but not of interest. Or, the topic is being handled
   well by those who are already involved.

3. Heavy activity, and I can't keep up! In this case, I feel like I
   shouldn't post, because for all I know I may just be decreasing the
   S/N ratio and looking stupid. Plus, it takes a long time just to
   *try* to read the huge number of messages per day.

Aside from that, I think that if anyone has something they want to
discuss, then they should post a message and see what happens! The
reason there are just a few people "dominating" the list is simply
that some people have more to discuss.

- Jay Ts