Re: [linux-audio-dev] Low Latency Kernel Combos

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Low Latency Kernel Combos
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 00:01:29 EEST

Darwin Marcus Johnson wrote:

> Regardless of what I try I keep getting this error message below, when I try
> to compile the kernel. I thought maybe it was a gcc thing but I don't think
> so now. Could someone point in the right , direction, documentation,
> mailing-list,etc..
>
> -Thanks
> Darwin
>
> [root_AT_schwaahed linux]# make -e dep
> kgcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o scripts/mkdep
> scripts/mkdep.c
> /usr/lib/libc.a: could not read symbols: Malformed archive
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [scripts/mkdep] Error 1

Kind of looks like a corrupted glibc-devel. If you are using an RPM
based system you can easily verify this by "rpm --verify glibc-devel".
If you don't get any output then all is okay, otherwise it should list
which files have been changed. I would think this would affect more than
just a kernel compile though. Lates..
        Josh Green