[linux-audio-dev] finding the simplest example for setting up alsa to play

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] finding the simplest example for setting up alsa to play
From: Julien Patrick Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 06:49:30 EET

Sziasztok!
  I want to start using the ALSA-API. I think it offers a great chance to
write a MIDI-app. But first of all I need to initialize ALSA. I looked
into the docs, but they didn't help me a lot. Please can you tell me where
I can find a simple example just perfoming the following tasks:
  1. Initialize the alsa-api to open the Soundcard for playback
  2. Open a simple RAW-file, with known srate, channels and bits
  3. Playing the contens of file using the normal /dev/dsp or even better
the alsa_pcm interface.
  4. closing everthing down and exit.
  I am really greatful for good direction-pointing.
  My kindest regards
            Julien

Julien Patrick Claassen
jclaassen_AT_gmx.de