Re: [linux-audio-dev] MidiShare

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] MidiShare
From: Kevin Hremeviuc (khremeviuc_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 14:28:58 EET

Hi all,

I have been playing with the java interface to
MidiShare, because I to wanted to do some cross
platform as well.

Ummm, what can I say? The documentation is a bit
lacking ( my expectations of api doco are very hi, and
I think I am in a minority ). So if you do launch into
it, its a good idea to play a lot to figure out which
direction they are coming from. The java api is pretty
much a quick hack over the top of c library calls.
Not really a defining moment in object oriented
history ( certainly from a java perspective ).

I am not sure how using the java api is going to
relate to what you are trying to do, but if you have
any questions Id be happy to help.

Kev.

Hoi!