[linux-audio-dev] Re: minimum tick time

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: minimum tick time
From: Maarten de Boer (mdeboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 20:16:04 EET

On Tue, 06 Nov 2001 11:40:30 -0500
Paul Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net> wrote:

> >I run the alsa-lib/test/latency.c test in poll mode,
> >but the problem is the tick time, which is at 100 Hz:
> >
> >snd_pcm_hw_params_get_tick_time(params, NULL) = 10000
> >
> >What am I doing wrong?
>
> using poll mode and/or not making the RTC available as a timer via
> Takashi's kernel patch.

Takashi's kernel patch is the
alsa-driver/utils/patches/rtc-2.4.9.dif
patch isn't it? I _did_ apply this, and alsa-driver configure
confirms this:

checking for RTC callback support in kernel... yes

What else do I have to do to make it 'available'? I mean, the
alsa driver is already taking care of this, isn't it?

Maarten