Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux oss audio input meters

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux oss audio input meters
From: Fred Gleason (fredg_AT_wava.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 14:27:19 EET

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Christopher Deckard wrote:

> cool, thnx. is there a page with info about the package? is it a command
> line program, or is it c routines / api?

Nothing on-line at present, but all the utilities do come with man
pages. It's a bunch of command line utilities for manipulating audio and
.wav files, all built around the OSS API (we're in process of coming up to
speed on ALSA here).

Cheers!

|Frederick F. Gleason, Jr.|WAVA Radio - 105 FM |Voice: 1-(703)-807-2266 |
| Director of Engineering |1901 N. Moore Street| FAX: 1-(703)-807-2245 |
| |Arlington, VA 22209 | Web: http://www.wava.com|
| "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of very, very long cat. You pull |
| his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you |
| understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send |
| signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that |
| there is no cat." |
| |
| -- Albert Einstein, upon being asked to describe radio |