[linux-audio-dev] lilypond and GUIDO (WAS: Project XEMO, MusicXML)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] lilypond and GUIDO (WAS: Project XEMO, MusicXML)
From: Nelson Posse Lago (lago_AT_that.com.br)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 03:15:13 EET

On Wed, Nov 14 2001 at 08:28:54am -0500, Karl MacMillan wrote:
> [...] Supporting basic music notation is fairly straightforward, but
> providing all of the functionality to support complex, modern notation is
> difficult. See Guido for a format that does a good job at the harder parts
> of notation - http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/AFS/CM/GUIDO/

Well, the advanced examples are all Bach, so I'm not sure if by "modern"
notation you mean 20th-century notation. If not, how do you feel this
format compares to the format used by lilypond? After all, lilypond at
least has a free parser/processor that generates good quality output on
linux...

See ya,
Nelson