RE: [linux-audio-dev] Audio dependency rendering - an idea

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Audio dependency rendering - an idea
From: Taybin Rutkin (trutkin_AT_physics.clarku.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 04:14:24 EET

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, STEFFL, ERIK *Internet* (SBCSI) wrote:

> IMO the fact that make stays with us means that it handles its task at
> least sort-of-ok... it of course has limitations...

I agree. But given the number of projects that use automake now, it seems
that people want something higher level. I think the main problem with
make is that its syntax is like nuthin' else. I should check out some of
those GUI dependency graphs that compile to makefiles. That's probably
the proper direction for build tools to evolve towards.

Taybin