RE: [linux-audio-dev] Audio dependency rendering - an idea

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Audio dependency rendering - an idea
From: STEFFL, ERIK *Internet* (SBCSI) ("STEFFL,)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 01:56:11 EET

  we use cons. I hate it. it is basically perl program where you write perl
modules instead of make files. in the end it is more flexible than makefile
but you have to develop your own methods how to compile/link, the
configuration etc... it's not pretty.

> cook
> jam/MR
> My Make

  another one is ant, java tool used by e.g. jacORB.

  IMO the fact that make stays with us means that it handles its task at
least sort-of-ok... it of course has limitations...

        erik