Re: [linux-audio-dev] embedded sound api.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] embedded sound api.
From: Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 18:46:35 EET

Hi,
pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com wrote:

> Does anyone have any useful tips on how I can set up a system to boot
> without x and immediately start up a single recording api?

According to kernel sources, init/main.c, you can just pass an option
"init=..." to the kernel startup command line and it will fire up that
program instead of the default, "/sbin/init". That should get you going,
but there will be no Login: ttys anywhere (which is probably what you
want).

Frank

--
      Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com), VIONA Development Center
            ST Microelectronics, Karlstraße 27, 76133 Karlsruhe