Re: [linux-audio-dev] embedded sound api.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] embedded sound api.
From: dave willis (dubson_AT_dhammanet.net)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 20:30:11 EET

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Does anyone have any useful tips on how I can set up a system to boot
> without x and immediately start up a single recording api?
>
> I'm mostly in need of advice as to how to boot directly to an
> application without having to press any buttons other than the on/off
> button. I'm guessing it can be done wiht clever use of start up
> scripts like rc.d etc...

you can use /etc/inittab.

i just added the following two lines to test it:

y:3:once:/bin/aumix-minimal -d /dev/mixer1 -f /root/.aumixrc90 -L
z:3:respawn:/usr/bin/aplay -D plughw:1,0 /mnt/dos/radio/ren*.wav

y,z: can be whatever (that's not used already).
3: the runlevel this should be in.
once: runs only at startup.
respawn: will restart if killed (good if program crashes and program does
         not return the command line)

the first line just sets the mixer on my second card to 90 for all values.
teh second line plays the wave file on my second card, and if the program
is killed or just ends, the program will restart.

look at /etc/inittab and its man page for more info.

-dave

--
perl -e'@email=split(//,".tenmhd\@nosbud");foreach$letter(@email){$
email=$letter.$email;}$email=~s/(m|net\.)/a\1\1/g;print"$email\n";'