RE: [linux-audio-dev] suggestion for developers: "real" quad-channel output on an SBlive

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] suggestion for developers: "real" quad-channel output on an SBlive
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 18:35:26 EET

It is because the SBLive has a crappy and redundant hardwired way of
resampling all samples whenever they enter and exit the soundcard's
hardware to 48KHz, so in reality everything inside of the card is
happening at 48KHz, and I believe that this is being implemented so that
the least of the sound quality is being lost by the sound passing
through (even though it still "resamples" the sound even if it is
already at 48KHz).

Fix? Buy non-creative/emu10k1/emu10k2 card :-(.

Ivica Bukvic