Re: [linux-audio-dev] memory management

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] memory management
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 02:44:32 EET

>If you are planning on editing very large files, I would say no, you

and if you're not planning on editing large files, go home and find
something better to do. the world is too full of little toy editors
that can't handle audio samples larger than physical RAM+swap.

for that matter, i echo richard's sentiments. we don't need another
sound editor. we need improvements to the ones already under
development. you'll learn more, and learn faster, and the world (and
you) will get a useful editor sooner.

--p