Re: [linux-audio-dev] problems creating/managing pthread stuff (audio-app related)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] problems creating/managing pthread stuff (audio-app related)
From: Fred Gleason (fredg_AT_wava.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 16:02:15 EET

On 21 Nov 2001, Ivica Bukvic wrote:

> Hi all! Currently I am working on an app that needs to have a timer set
> up as a separate thread, but the problem is that I've been designing the
> whole project in Kdevelop (using qt), and my main window is one big
> Instance of a class which also possesses a Method which is responsible
> for updating the Timer gui (i.e. milliseconds, seconds, minutes etc.).

Does it have to be a seperate thread? Why not use GTimer? e.g:

GTimer *timer=new GTimer(this,"timer");
connect(timer,SIGNAL(timeout()),this,SLOT(timer_handler()));
timer.start(interval);

Cheers!

|Frederick F. Gleason, Jr.|WAVA Radio - 105 FM |Voice: 1-(703)-807-2266 |
| Director of Engineering |1901 N. Moore Street| FAX: 1-(703)-807-2245 |
| |Arlington, VA 22209 | Web: http://www.wava.com|
| Logic is a way to go wrong with confidence. |
| --Robert Heinlein |
| "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long" |