Re: [linux-audio-dev] memory management

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] memory management
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 16:45:47 EET

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 12:50:00AM -0800, Josh Green wrote:

> I agree completely. But what we do need is a way to easily embed an
> editor with other audio type programs, such as Smurf :) Are we still of
> the opinion that this is not possible or worth while?

Based on some mighmarish memories of the last time I did any Windows
programming, isn't that what OLE (now COM+?) is supposed to do, and isn't
Bonobo supposed to be the linux equivalent? I'm sure KDE has something
similar too.

A quick search on google throws up:
http://www.gnome.org/gnome-office/bonobo.shtml

- Steve