Re: [linux-audio-dev] question regarding enabling libpthread in the configure

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] question regarding enabling libpthread in the configure
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 06:27:07 EET

On Mon, 2001-11-26 at 17:11, Ivica Bukvic wrote:
> Hi all, does anyone know what is the Linux configure's flag for enabling
> libpthread, so that my resulting makefile has LIBPTHREAD =
> <path-to-lpthread>/libpthread.a? I am using Kdevelop and it has
> configure implemented as a part of the project and the creates
> Makefile.am, .in and eventually Makefile itself, so storing this kind of
> info in those files would only result in a temporary fix.
>
> I've tried ./configure --enable-libpthread or --enable--lpthread etc.
> and none worked. My line in Makefile still reads LIBPTHREAD =
> @LIBPTHREAD@ and unless I hack it myself after the ./configure has been
> done, it fails to compile the app. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated! Sincerely,
>
> Ivica Bukvic

The file you want to edit is "configure.in" which is what autoconf uses
to generate the configure script. You probably want to add something
like:

AC_CHECK_LIB(pthread, pthread_create)

This will add -lpthread to LIBS and define HAVE_LIBPTHREAD.
See "info autoconf" more more information, as I have never actually
added pthread support to a program :)

--
    Josh Green
    Smurf Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net)