Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA and supporting programs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA and supporting programs
From: Antti Boman (antti.boman_AT_mindcom.fi)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 11:24:31 EEST

>>When can we expect LAAGA to be stable enough (API-wise) and be supported
>>by linux audio programs? It's the thing I've waited the most in Linux
>>related development, especially for the syncing capabilities it offers.

[snip]

> at some point soon, i need to convert Ardour to work with JACK, which
> will mean work on both the reference implementation and possibly some
> API changes. but i can't tell you precisely when that will
> happen. Ardour has lots going on with the editor right now, and until
> that reaches some reasonable point in terms of functionality,
> crash-proof-ness and so forth, almost nothing else is on my mind.
>
> once I *do* get Ardour ported, its my plan to convert several other
> small programs to use JACK, particularly RythmnLab and SpiralLoops.

Sounds very good! As I get my audio station assembled in a few weeks,
I'm very willing to join the projects and help out with the basic stuff.
I'm still not too familiar with the API's around Linux audio, but I will be.

Also, as this LAAGA/JACK/LADMEA puzzle isn't solved yet, I'll follow
whatever there is to follow, and accept the fact that things might
change every now and then.

Thanks to everyone who took part in the conversation.

-agb