Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA/JACK/LAIC [OT]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA/JACK/LAIC [OT]
From: Sebastien Metrot (meeloo_AT_noos.fr)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 09:44:02 EEST

I think the real point is that JACK doesn't even need to be an acronym with
a meaning (which it is, Jack Audio Conection Kit), but its name allready
expresses what it does: a Jack to plug audio application juste like you
would have a jack in between real instruments/mixing consoles/effects,
etc...
And I pretty much thing every musician in the world knows what a Jack is as
they use them all the time... So they allready have a way to pronounce it.

Of course my views are biases as I proposed the name in the first time (as a
partial joke ;-)...

Sebastien