Re: [linux-audio-dev] Journaling file systems and latency?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Journaling file systems and latency?
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 22:57:53 EEST

Tommi Ilmonen hat gesagt: // Tommi Ilmonen wrote:

> The title had the question. To be more precise: Suppose I am going to
> re-install a machine and get a journaling file system in at the time,
> which file system should I use?
>
> The file system should work with the low-latency patches by Andrew Morton.
> Maximal performance (throughput) would be nice of course.
>
> Available choices:

[...]
> 2) Ext3 is based on ext2, so one might imagine that its latency behaviour
> *might* be similar (=very good with the patches).

I have just recently installed ext3 patches on my kernel 2.4.8. There was
one reject in combination with Morton's LL patches, but that was easy to
fix, even with my little knowledge of C. So far I have only run a LL-test
on a ext2 filesystem, when I get around to test the now ext3-ified pertition,
I will show you my results.

bye,

--
                                                 __    __