[linux-audio-dev] What about OpenML? Some questions

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] What about OpenML? Some questions
From: Jelle (jelle_AT_defekt.nl)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 22:39:47 EEST

hi all.

I've been checking out OpenML[1], and I was wondering what, it could mean to
linux audio development?

Is OpenML a "universal" media driver uberprotocol, to simplify driver issue
and to have a single interface for audio video etc devices?

Should OpenML be used with JACK to provide media h/w drivers?

And while I'm at it, can JACK transport other than audio signals, and
at another clock rate (say video)?

If and how could it be fit into LADSPA or JACK? Or should OpenML be the
graph-host and host LADSPA plugins (so you may get hardware benefits)?

hope this is not too offtopic

cheers!
Jelle

[1] http://www.khronos.org/