Re: [linux-audio-dev] is there a hammerfall dsp driver in the works?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] is there a hammerfall dsp driver in the works?
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 23:51:02 EEST

>external add-on for this weighs in against it.) The biggest problems I
>see with the Hammerfall are the lack of onboard midi (could I use the
>midi port from my SB or even my crummy motherboard sound card and have
>audio go through the Hammerfall) and the fact that I hear it's somewhat
>hard to use.

the hammerfall DSP has 2 MIDI ports builtin. of course, its not
shipping yet, and there are (as yet) no linux drivers.

yes, its a bit harder to use, and some "legacy" applications will not
work with while other "naive" applications will work less efficiently.
this is because ALSA doesn't export a "native" simple-stereo-device
model, but simulates it in user space. OTOH, "aware" apps can work
much more efficiently.

--p