[linux-audio-dev] jack name

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] jack name
From: Andy Wingo (apwingo_AT_eos.ncsu.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 01:32:44 EEST

how irritating! a package has just shown up on debian by the name of jack, a
cd-ripper.

people with more of a stake in the issue, do what you like with the name. I for
one, however, would like a new release with a new, final name (jack, laaga,
foolib, whatever, I have my preferences but they don't matter) so that I can
write a GStreamer wrapper for it. I've taken a look at the API and it doesn't
look too difficult.

best regards,

wingo