Re: [linux-audio-dev] jack name

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] jack name
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 02:37:35 EEST

>how irritating! a package has just shown up on debian by the name of jack, a
>cd-ripper.

can you send me a URL or email address? we'll see if we can nip this
in the bud ...

>one, however, would like a new release with a new, final name (jack, laaga,
>foolib, whatever, I have my preferences but they don't matter) so that I can
>write a GStreamer wrapper for it. I've taken a look at the API and it doesn't
>look too difficult.

the API will not change in any substantial ways, and probably not in
any way at all for handling audio data. i can't promise when i will
have time to get the loose ends in the implementation tied up, but i
do intend to try. getting ardour to work with JACK will be the obvious
point of attack :)

--p