Re: [linux-audio-dev] Laptops for audio - useful comparison table

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Laptops for audio - useful comparison table
From: David J. Topper (topper_AT_virginia.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 05:29:01 EEST

jon soong wrote:

> i really don't know about running audio thru a laptop,
> there are a lot of problems . one of the main ones is
> the hdd's just don't run fast enough!

I've done some pretty standard stuff through my HP Omnibook 6000 +
Docking station + RME Digi96/8. I would suspect the Hammerfall DSP to
work fine too. I don't think I'll be checking one out until next year
though.

DT

--
Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
http://www.virginia.edu/music/vccm.html