Re: [linux-audio-dev] Laptops for audio - useful comparison table

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Laptops for audio - useful comparison table
From: jon soong (brunatexan_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 05:20:39 EEST

I have a sony vaio z505 p3 750

and i tried to use pro tools free on it (the cracked
32 track version) and it is crash CITY
- this is with Win ME

Acid works good on it though

i really don't know about running audio thru a laptop,
there are a lot of problems . one of the main ones is
the hdd's just don't run fast enough!

if i wanted something to do audio on i would *much*
prefer a desktop

jt

http://www.rme-audio.com/english/techinfo/hdsp/testtabe.htm