[linux-audio-dev] Laptops for audio - useful comparison table

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Laptops for audio - useful comparison table
From: John Thaden (jjthaden_AT_flash.net)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 18:59:51 EEST

Greetings,

    I'm shopping for a laptop that I would like to use for audio
recording/mixing.

    On 6 Jul 2001, John Lazzaro cc'd a letter originally sent to the
[music-dsp] mail-list by Paul Russell that included this link to one man's
evaluation of laptops for audio use.

http://www.rme-audio.com/english/techinfo/hdsp/testtabe.htm

The evaluations were not specifically for Linux, and now the table must be
somewhat dated. The Gericom Millenium III was given high marks in that
comparison. Has anyone tried it?

Benno Senoner mused about how nice it would be if folks on this list were
to cook up a similar comparative table including latency test results. To
my knowledge, this was never done.

Any advice about suitable laptops in the <3,000 range would be greatly
appreciated.

John Thaden