Re: [linux-audio-dev] kladspa?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] kladspa?
From: David O'Toole (dto_AT_qwsi.net)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 00:46:21 EEST

> > at some point in the recent past was that you could only run a single
> > plugin editor at one time ... <thinks> ....
>
> This might be contraversial, and/or terrible gui design, but how about
> dockable tabs? you can drag the tab away to make a seperate window, or
> drag the window into the tab bar of another.

I've been trying that out:
http://dto.qwsi.net/octalstuff/new_shot7.jpg

A docking arrangement kind of lets you put the controls where you want, or
stack them (that's the default.) This might not be the best way to do it
of course, but I thought I'd throw the screenshot at you so you could see
how it looks.

This next shot shows a bit more of the widget options:

http://dto.qwsi.net/octalstuff/minishot.jpg

Of course that was a few months ago, the GUI code is probably going to go
through some changes soon. For instance, a plugin with many parameters may
need to group them by category, and for instance I may have different
notebook tabs for the different categories.

--
@@@ david o'toole
@@@ dto_AT_gnu.org