[linux-audio-dev] Re: [Alsa-user] gsmp release 0.0.1

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Alsa-user] gsmp release 0.0.1
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 18:49:44 EEST

Rene Rebe hat gesagt: // Rene Rebe wrote:

> Because of the lack of an really good wave-editor for Linux, we decided to write a
> gtk-- based wave-editor for Linux - under the GPL.
>
> On October the 16th 2001 the vapo-ware state of GSMP ended and we released the first
> official (beta-qualtiy) source-package containing the GSMP-Editor! (Still not that
> really good ;-()

I'm quite impressed of GSMP, especially listening to the good sounding effects
in realtime is a nice feature. I could live without mp3 and ogg, though.

You really should announce this on linux-audio-dev, too. But please skip
the complaint about a "lack of good wav-editors". There is at least one
great wave editor for linux, and that's SND!

bye,

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______