RE: [linux-audio-dev] Midi Interface recommendations ?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Midi Interface recommendations ?
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 21:37:34 EEST

What about recently introduced USB midi devices?

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/Breeze/softwares/unix/usbmidi-e.html

Out of that one, the Roland UM-2 comes into my mind (which is on my list for
purchase, so I honestly have had no experience with it and have no clue as
to how well it works).

Here's the link for a USB midi interface that I was thinking of purchasing
and that is supposedly supported by the above-mentioned usbmidi driver:
http://www.audiomidi.com/hardware/roland/um2/

Can someone shed some light on this one? Is there latency issues when it
comes to USB+low latency kernel?

Thanks!

Ico Bukvic, composer & audio designer
http://ping.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/