Re: [linux-audio-dev] multitrack and editor separate?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] multitrack and editor separate?
From: DAVID G MATTHEWS (dgm4+@pitt.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 02:30:38 EET

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Paul Davis wrote:

> >How about Ardour's notation capabilities? What kind of sample/groove loop
> >editing does Ardour have (something similar to SONAR or Propellerhead
> >ReCycle)?
>
> None.
Nor should it. IMHO the built-in notation capabilities in sequencing/DAW
programs suck. Let a DAW be a DAW, let a sequencer be a sequencer, and
let a notation program be a notation program. If ardour can run
concurrently in sync with Muse, that's all the midi track capability it
needs. If someone develops a decent notation app for Linux (which I sorely
hope someone does, so I can finally ditch that other OS from my system,
Sibelius being the one thing holding me back), it should support midi
playbac/recording. But really, do we need to bundle everything together
in one monster app?
-dgm

Do you want to write them? There's not much point thinking about