Re: [linux-audio-dev] multitrack and editor separate?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] multitrack and editor separate?
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 04:25:31 EET

Paul Davis wrote:

> >> The one other common editing task I do is remastering of live LP vinyl. I
> >> use CEP to do the recording, normalize, process, denoise, depop, etc. I the
> >> pull over a neat hack called CDWAV that does the track splitting, on CD bloc
> >> boundaries, so that I can then burn DAO and retain the continuous 'live
> >> album' flow. I'm not expecting ardour to do all of this (although it would
> >> be nice) -- but I have yet to find a program even remotely like CDWAV under
> >> Linux. Know anyone developing such a beast? :-)
> >
> >oh, yeah. this would make my life a lot easier, too.
> >should not be too hard, but i have not yet gotten around to try it.
> >for my purposes, it would be enough to take a 1 gig wav, be able to
> >mark track boundaries in some editor (i.e. have a way to simply
> >export the current cursor location to a text file), correct the
> >boudary markers so that they correspond to cd sectors and create a
> >TOC in a format readable by cdrdao.
>
> it will be in ardour by the end of the day. i am even considering
> adding direct support for a cd-burning sub-process (e.g. using
> cdrecord or cdrdao).

unfortunately, you are already on my personal hero list, otherwise i
might welcome you now as a new member.
i have been reluctant to grab ardour since you moved to the new
config stuff, but i'll be checking out the next commit asap.

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany